2016 search for UC Santa Cruz campus provost/executive vice chancellor
Candidate campus visits announced
Five candidates for the campus provost/executive vice chancellor positon will visit campus in October. A schedule is posted at http://www.ucsc.edu/cpevc-search/updates.html.
The name of each candidate, their affiliation, CV, and other details of their visit will be posted 48 hours before they arrive. Click here to view the information. Select "Forms Authentication" and sign in with CruzID Gold credentials. Information will be updated before each visit.
Campus Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor position profile
UC Santa Cruz Chancellor George Blumenthal has named a 12-member committee of faculty, staff, and student representatives to advise him in the search for the next campus provost/executive vice chancellor (CP/EVC) to succeed Alison Galloway, who is stepping down at the end of the year. Candidates will be visiting campus in October. Members of the UC Santa Cruz community can view CVs and other materials on a protected website (Select "Forms Authentication" and sign in with CruzID Gold credentials).
How to participate
- To share comments, concerns, or to nominate potential candidates, you may contact any member of the search committee or Associate Chancellor Ashish Sahni (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- As the search committee develops the job prospectus, your insights are invited and valued. Collection of input continued through Friday, Feb. 26. (Now closed.)
- To apply, recommend, or nominate a candidate for this important position, you may contact executive search firm consultant Alberto Pimentel (email@example.com).
- October 7, 2016: Schedule announced for candidates' campus visits.
- Candidates' names, affiliation, and CV will be posted 48 hours before each visit. Click here to view. Select "Forms Authentication" and sign in with CruzID Gold credentials.
- August 1, 2016: Update from search committee chair.
- May 12, 2016: Search extended beyond spring quarter.
- April 4, 2016: Update from search committee chair.
- March 17, 2016: Position profile posted.
- Feb. 23, 2016: Job description and job announcement flier posted.
- Feb. 18, 2016: Search committee members and search consultant Alberto Pimentel of Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates held a series of meetings with campus and community constituents to kick-off the search for a new campus provost and executive vice chancellor. Specifically, the search committee raised the following questions which are also addressed in the Google survey:
- Based on your experience at UC Santa Cruz, how would you describe the short- and long-term challenges facing the university and the next campus provost and executive vice chancellor?
- Given the opportunities and challenges you’ve described previously, what professional experience and qualifications must the successful candidate possess?
- What personal qualities must they have in order to be successful at UC Santa Cruz?
- Many candidates who are not fully aware of UC Santa Cruz, or the communities it serves, will be curious to learn about the university and the region. What are the key attributes (selling points) of the university and surrounding region that could be attractive to potential candidates?
- Dec. 21, 2015: Chancellor Blumenthal launches the search for a campus provost/executive vice chancellor and appoints a search commmitte and chair.
Updated August 1, 2016