Water conservation tips
There are a number of resources dedicated to providing useful water-saving tips, and we've listed just a few of those sites, below. In the meantime, please do your part by following these basics:
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth, soaping your hands, shaving, and washing dishes.
- Shorten your showers.
- Don't let dishes sit out, since dishes with dried-on food are harder to wash.
- Run full loads in the laundry or dishwashing machines.
- Use reused dishwater to water indoor and outdoor plants.
Please also check out these other, well-developed web sites:
- Water Conservation Coalition (Santa Cruz County)
- Water Conservation Tips (City of Santa Cruz)
- San Jose Mercury News article on ways to reduce water use, published on January 20, 2014